Thursday, October 29, 2009

October 29, 2009, Sea Onion at it again

To the left of this, at the bottom right of the photo, is the first flower of this set of blooms of the False Sea Onion.

I lowered the hanging pot so it will have more room to do what it wants to do Last time it hit the ceiling early on. Going by what it did last summer, I figure what shows in this photo will stretch out to be about three feet long with a bloom a day or more, but always stretching outward and losing the old blooms.

Today would've been my mom's birthday. She would have been 77 years old. She liked plants. Now I like plants. She's dead. Someday I will be too.

I have some ivy that connects me to my mom, but I don't know the name of it. I've never seen any just like it anywhere else. If anyone here can identify it that would be awesome.


1 comment:

OrganisedPauper said...

I think it might be a Grape Ivy (Cissus rhombifolia). They vary a lot, some have skinnier leaves.